Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kyuhyun shares his ups and downs being a musical actor and how he overcomes them




Super Junior Kyuhyun sat down with Chosun Ilbo on Janaury 14 for an interview about his newest leading role in musical 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun'.

Throughout the interview, the Super Junior's maknae impressively shared matured thoughts of being an idol-turned-musical actor.

According to Kyuhyun, he received curses when he debuted as a musical actor in 'The Three Musketeers' in 2010. He said,

"95% of them cursed me while the 5% rest didn't care at all. I intentionally read those curses on internet and realized that there are people who think like this. To ease that, I go to my fancafe and feels relief that there are people who love me. From the negative comments I've read, I tried to worked on the ones that I think are necessary for the improvement of my acting. Then, when I see comments such as 'I watchedhim and he's decent' it makes me happy and that's what I'm thankful for a musical."

He also talked about idols who are debuting in musicals like him and frankly said, "Idols surely will receive curses and they have to endure this part. Some are really privileged to be given leading roles in acting without even working hard on it."

In addition to that, he revealed the technique he uses every time he goes on musical stage. "I have a chant I usually utter on stage and I've been using it quite often these days. I would tell myself that there aren't any of my fans among the audience. I do this because I want to be applauded for my acting (not being as a Super Junior member) by musical lovers."

Kyuhyun had been cast in various and successful musicals, all being the lead roles such as The Three Musketeers as D'Artagnan, Catch Me If You Can as Frank Abagnale Jr. and the ongoing one which is 'The Moon That Embraces The Sun' as King Lee Hwon.

Kyuhyun has been proving his respectable stand as a musical actor winning awards like 'Musical Rising Star' in 2010 Golden Ticket Awards and 'Popular Star Award' at 7th Musical Awards in 2013, all for his acting in musical 'The Three Musketeers'.

Watch his interview below:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment