Sunday, September 16, 2012

Music Therapy: K-Drama Playlist

Korean dramas can be really addicting. Aside from the boring, skippable chaebol-soap scenes and the constant grandma-fainting cliches, some K-Dramas manage to reel 우리를 an emotional roller coaster ride, 만들기 us smile at their 순간 of cute and fluff and 울고 ourselves silly at their 순간 of tragedy. When dramas like  end, we 남아 있습니다 a little 슬픈 to have to 이동 from 그러한 fun and relatable ride. Luckily, for 있는 days when we 용납 할 수 the time to squander 를 통해 re-보는 our favorite series, we have the OST soundtracks to relive the emotions and 재미.
In this edition of Music Therapyallkpop presents a K-Drama playlist complete with 몇 가지 what 은 우리가 consider to be 좋은 K-Drama OST tunes. Take a listen to our selection below, and reminisce in the happiness 과 고통 that you once shared with 좋아하는 dramas, while potentially discovering 새로운songs for 다음 drama obsession!
– PART 1: The Fall –
Byul’s “I Think I”: Regardless of the genre, a K-Drama is rarely without at least one romantic song to fall in love with! Byul’s ‘Full House’ OST 노래 is especially memorable, as it captures the hesitance, confusion, 아직 sincerity of 천천히 admitting to  'L' 단어. With  and charming tune, it is 해야 remind you of 뿐만 아니라 the cute and humorous drama 자체, but of 자신의 days of innocence and romance!

Chorus:
I think I love you, it seems that way,
‘cause I miss you; when you alone are not around
I can’t do anything and
I keep thinking [of you] and
when I see how things are [I think] it’s possible…

[that] I’m falling for you.
I didn’t realize it [before], [but] now I need you,
unexpectedly somewhere deep in my heart
I see that you have taken up a very big space.
Additional Recommendations:
Junsu – “You are so Beautiful” [Scent of a Woman OST]
Eye Candy – “Jaywalking” [Shut Up Flower Boy Band OST]
Recommended by legaragerage and sereyolo on tumblr.
– PART 2: The Pain –
Kim Bum Soo’s “I Miss You”: Whenever  a K-Drama romance, 있어야하는데 a fallout. And when there's a fallout, 그때가's time to cue the heart-wrenching 음악을! Kim Bum Soo’s classic from the drama ‘Stairway to Heaven’ particularly features melancholy lyrics that describe 아주 complicated, but painful relationship. Although 아마 당신은 won't be able to relate 많은 to a romance riddled with 자동차 accidents, evil plots, and terminal illnesses, the emotional and longing tune will definitely get you overwhelmed and possibly reaching for a tissue.

Last Pre-Chorus:
I miss you, I miss you
to the point that I hate myself.
I want to believe it, [that] this is the right path,
[that] I have to leave for you.

Last Chorus:
The memory of loving [you] like crazy,
these memories are looking for you, but
I can no longer use the excuse of “love”
to keep you [with me].
I shouldn’t be like this
[but] I miss you so much that I could die.
I want to forget you so much that I could die.
Additional Recommendations:
Baek Ji Young – “After a While” [Rooftop Prince OST]
Park Shin Hye & Jang Geun Suk – “Without Words” [You’re Beautiful OST]
Recommended by kpopisforever1 and maryloveskimchi on tumblr.
– PART 3: The March Onward –
J-Min’s “Stand Up”:After episodes of moping 를 통해 a breakup 또는 기타 natural drama disaster, K-Drama 캐릭터 eventually have to 맞서 to 자신의 problems. J-Min’s 노래 for the currently ongoing drama‘To the Beautiful You’is great 을 위해서만이 아니라 such TV 순간, but for our own daily struggles. As you  a listen to the track's encouraging lyrics and tough, electric guitar chorus, feel empowered, straighten out 어깨, and 유지 marching 앞으로 in your life, 상관없이 what 로되어 your way.

Chorus:
Look to the skies confidently.
It will now be the start. Shoulders out!
Inside of you is something that’s like you,
even if it’s hard, don’t give up [on] your future,
stand up, take [my] hand, [and] take the world.
Recommended by kromanized, purrttypanda, 13elieves, and kpopsophie on tumblr.
Additional Recommendations:
CNBLUE – “High Fly” [Acoustic OST]
T-Max – “Paradise” [Boys Over Flowers OST]
Recommended by abdb923 and headingtowardsthesun on tumblr.
And so, we reach the conclusion of our K-Drama edition of 음악 Therapy! Let 우리는 know what you 생각 our playlist in the comments below and feel free to  some suggestions of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment