Friday, July 13, 2012

Eunjung wants to act with Bridal Mask's 'Joowon'!



Many idols have been taking the challenge of being an actress/actor. Started doing supporting roles to leading role in dramas, and sometimes, their first role is the leading role. Idols are being called as "Actress-idol", "fashion-idol" and many more. T-ara is one of the idols representing those nicknames.

I can never be separated from acting and music~

T-ara's Eunjung is one of the "actress-idols". Before debuting as a singer, Eunjung was known as a child actress. But what  do actress and singer mean to her?  

“I started as an actress, but I was able to take on better roles and in better circumstances because I am a member of T-ARA. Acting and music can never be separated from me. First of all, as an actress, I am not T-ARA member Eunjung but I'm me as an individual. I need to cope with things alone, so I must be more alert. It can be hard trying to work with many staff members, but in the end it feels great because we work and create one project together. It's also fun living in a different world than the real one. On the other hand, when I stand on the stage as T-ARA, it feels as if something (bothersome) in my heart disappears – I feel refreshed. Especially when I stand on the stage with my members, I feel as if I became an outlaw. I really enjoy performing with my members.”

Which actor does she want to act with? “Lately, while watching Joowon on ‘Bridal Mask’, I keep thinking how I want to act with him. His image in ‘1Night 2Days’ and in acting is clearly different. He seems to be deeply absorbed into his character, so I really want to work with him one day. I think I can learn a lot from him.”


'Eunjung was hesitaing before she mentioned Bridal Mask's ‘Joowon’. It was because of her We Got Married husband, Lee Jangwoo who is currently cast on a drama called I Do I Do which the airing time is the same as Bridal Mask. “I am watching my (We Got Married) husband through his drama as well! I clearly see all of his romantic skinships as well. Truthfully, I thought the skinships would be bolder, but it's actually not that intense,” she replied with a hint of jealousy.

Eunjung has worked with ‘Jangwoo Lee’, ‘Soohyun Kim’, ‘Taecyeon’, ‘Wooyoung’, and so on, who are so-called ‘popular male stars’. Who is her ideal? “I like a person who works diligently. I especially like a person who is sentimental and understanding. Oh! And I like a person who is sensible. In sensible, I mean he must be meticulous and detail-oriented in his lifestyle.”

“I want to emcee for a radio program with my voice~”

I asked Eunjung which new area/field she wanted to take on next. Her voice also seemed to match well as a radio DJ. “I really want to be a radio DJ! I think my life will become more abundant if I DJ. I can meet the vast world through many people's diverse stories. And since music can be a part of the program, it's like everything I like is combined into one.”

Eunjung's eyes sparkled as she talked about her greed/desire to become a radio DJ. I was curious what type of music she would air if she were to emcee her own radio show. What type of genre does Eunjung like, and what does she normally listen to? “Do you know ‘Yoonha Ju’ by any chance? He sings with a gentle tone as if he's telling a story, and this is exactly the type of music and tone I like.”

As a person who loves to listen to music quietly by herself, I asked Eunjung what her dreams were as a singer. “I want to hear people say ‘I love how there's a singer with this type of voice’, ‘I need Eunjung's song right now’. To sum it all up, I want to become an ‘essential singer’. In order to reach that point, I must practice harder and do my very best.”

Just like her cute self you see in TV shows, Eunjung walked around the set with a smile constantly on her face. But as soon as the shutter sound went off, she overpowered the set as she changed her gaze to match the concept, like a true professional. There is much attention towards Eunjung, an actress-idol who possesses the quality of a professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment